The Sower Sow A Seed. By Erika Oosthuizen.

 Hebrews 13:5(b)

For He God Himself has said,l will not in anyway fail you nor give you up nor leave you without support. I will not in any degree leave you helpless nor forsake nor let you down nor relax my hold on you, Assuredly not!


Huh? The question banged through my mind. I was truly taken by surprise Father said, shoot!


To understand why huh came up, l have to sketch the scenario. I was busy watering plants rows of succulents and Aloe in the nursery. It's literally hundreds of them more like a thousand plus. I had to do it the old fashioned way- the hose pipe. Whilst watering the plants l was praying in tounges, Father and l were mostly in some sort of conversation.

Father knows me so well, thank God for that otherwise l would've been in big trouble with my 'huh', if He was an aloof, Almighty God. He said come boldly to the throne of Grace, He knew only too well that while praying in tounges my mind was a battlefield of emotions. So l shot Father with the questions running through my mind.


The plants are in bad shape l asked the Lord " will they survive"? He responded immediately " tell me what you see"? I could see plants planted in in plant bags, in neat rows but the state was terrible. Some were even looking as if they were already dead, weeds were taking up all the space and thus crippling my plants. Almost all the greens of the plants turned to blackish brownish dead colours due to the cold icy winds . What buffled me was succulents and Aloes are strong plants as they  originate from the desert, so they can survive with little water, and even the cold of desert nights.


He asked me to put the hose down and take a look closer to the plants at my feet, He was seeing stronger plants there, even they were showing the hardships of this finishing winter. As l touched some of the ugly leaf it subsided to show the most beautiful tender new green leaves, l was amazed. Where l was seeing death God was seeing life.


Then in mind the plants almost seemed to me like people showing signs of pain, with the current situation in the world, so many perished due to the deadly virus. Some got hurt, some way or the other by the nettles and weeds of these past months. Some of us are wondering how we will ever get up straight again.


Hebrews 4:16

Let us then fearlessly and confidently and boldly come near to the throne of Grace ( the throne of God's unmerited favour to us sinners) that we may receive mercy ( for our failures) and find grace to help in good time for every need ( appropriate help and wel- timed help coming just when we need it).


The Lord said yes some winters of life are harder than the others. Sometimes our leaves of life get scared badly. But to get to the truth Father planted His seeds in us His touch is still there. God will never leave you nor forsake you no matter the harsh conditions, even when some decides it's best for the plant to be thrown in fire. Like l was watering the plants so does He, but with the living water of the Holy Spirit. He will never harm any of His plants, and when the enemy is hurting us Father brings His army and create blossoms were once a scar has been. 


And yes He is a living God, He still talks, laughs with us and mostly love to spend time with us in fellowshipping. He finds pleasure in us loving Him .


Meditate on Hebrews 13.


My name is Erika Oosthuizen, l'm a wife, mother and grandmother. I'm currently living in Polokwane were we have a succulent nursery. Though l'm still passionate being a grade R teacher as last year. I did my first course in prophetic at Father's Heart Ministry and did a counseling course at Oasis Church, Kempton Park, were l was a volunteer for six years, working with substance abuse and other addictions as well as high school children.


Lots of love

Ellen ❤️.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Never Give Up.

When Heaven Open.

Trailblazing in God's Favor